What is Active Directory?
Active Directory is used by system administrators to store information about users, assign security policies, and deploy software. It was released first with Windows 2000 Server edition and refined further in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and was renamed Active Directory Domain Services. AD components include such domains, domain controllers, trust relationships, forests, organizational units, etc.
What is a domain controller?
According to Wiki, a domain controller is a server that responds to security authentication requests (logging in, checking permissions, etc.) within the Windows Server domain. The domain controllers in your network are the centerpiece of your Active Directory service. It stores user account information, authenticates users and enforces security policy for a Windows domain. When you install Windows Server on a computer, you can choose to configure a specific server role for that computer. When you want to create a new domain, or an additional domain controller in an existing domain, you configure the server with the role of domain controller by installing AD DS.
What is a Domain?
A domain is a concept introduced in Windows NT whereby a user may be granted access to a number of computer resources with the use of a single user-name and password combination.
The domain concept not only allows a user to have access to resources that may be on different servers, but it also allows one domain to be given access to another domain in a trust relationship. In this arrangement, the user need only log in to the first domain to also have access to the second domain's resources as well.
So it is hard to say if there any windows password recovery software can reset AD password. Windows password recovery software like Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise can allow you to reset domain administrator password on Active directory for Windows server 2000/2003/2008.
Steps to reset domain administrator password
* Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise in any available computer.
* Step 2: Run the software and insert a USB flash drive to computer.
* Step 3: Select Domain Administrator and target USB drive, and then click the Burn button to start burning an ISO image file to the USB flash drive.
* Step 4: Click ok when burning process is completed.
* Step 5: Insert the burned USB flash drive to your locked computer and set the computer to boot from USB.
* Step 6: Choose the way to reset AD password.
* 2 options for you to reset domain password
* Option 1: Reset the default domain administrator password to Pa123456
* Option 2: Reset AD password by creating a specified domain administrator account.
* Step 7: Click YES to continue and click Ok when the domain password has been successfully reset.
Now you can log on your domain with the user name of administrator and password of ‘Pa123456’ if you select option 1. If you select option 2, you can log on domain with the username of ‘passkiller’ and password of ‘Pa123456’.
http://www.passwordunlocker.com/knowledge/reset-ad-password.html for more reference.
I want to do this! What's This?
To open a PDF file in Word 2007, you can open it as an object. The PDF displays as a graphic on your page, so you cannot modify its contents but you can enlarge the PDF to make it more prominent. In addition, only the first page of the PDF is displayed as an object on your page. You can open the PDF without leaving Word 2007 once it's inserted. You'll need Adobe Reader to read the file.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
1. Open a new or existing document in Microsoft Word 2007.
2. Place your cursor where you want the PDF to appear.
3.Select the "Insert" tab, go to the "Text" group and select "Object." The "Object" dialog box appears. Select the "Create from File" tab.
4.Click on the "Browse" button and navigate to the PDF document you want to open in Word.
5.Double-click the file within the "Browse" dialog box. This will redirect you to the "Object" dialog box. The file path to the PDF displays under the "File name" text field.
6.Click "OK" to load the PDF in Word. Double-click the PDF object on your page to open and view the entire PDF to Word.
Create, Edit & View PDF Files! (Recommended Download)
Ask Microsoft Support Now
9 Tech Support Reps Are Online! Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP.
Simple Project Management
Yes. It's easy. Nothing to install. Try it Free!
Find Employee Scheduling. Your Business Solution Business.com
But this way to do it is very difficult,another way to do that is use a Tweak pdf to word converter,you only need add the pdf file into the software,then click the submit,the pdf file will convert to word,of course,doc file also can be convert to pdf.
you can download tweak pdf to word converter at http://www.tweakpdf.com/
Problem: I forgot my Windows password! I forgot administrator password!
How do I unlock my computer if I forgot my administrator password? I just changed the password on my computer a few days ago and forgot it. I am the only account on the computer, so it is the administrator account. It is now on the log in screen and I need to know what I have to do to log into my computer again or reset windows password. (I am on another computer now obviously). I have Windows 7.
This is a question form Yahoo Answer. Do you have the same trouble? It seems more and more popular for one to forget Windows password. It is easy for you to come across many similar questions about Windows password recovery online, just as follows :
- I stupidly forgot my Windows password, how can I remove or reset it?
- What do I do if I forgot my windows password and did not make a password reset disk?
- I forgot my windows password - how can I get into my computer?
- What can I do if I forgot administrator password?
- I forgot administrator password and how to recover it without reinstalling?
Solution: Software to Unlock forgotten Windows local or admin password.
To resolve these problems about forgot my Windows password, you can simply reset or change forgotten Windows password with a password reset disk. A password reset disk is a flash drive configured with your current password, specially formatted to reset the password on Windows machine when you ever forget it. It acts as a key to unlock the account. But the problem is that people who forgot Windows password often forgot to create a password reset disk and cannot log on computer with any user account.
Another solution to these questions like I forgot my Windows password is to use third party software, like Windows Password Unlocker. It can help you remove lost Windows password, including Windows administrator password, user password and domain password, on various Windows systems, like Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, etc. Just with a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive, you can easily recover your lost Windows password. No need to reinstall your computer.
Guide: Steps to Unlock forgotten Windows local or admin password.
The following is a guide on how to unlock computer with a USB flash drive when I forgot my Windows password. It is very easy to use and just takes less than 5 minutes. But you should find a USB flash drive and an accessible computer with a driver.
- Step 1: Download Windows Password Unlocker Professional and Install your computer in any computer.
- Step 2: Start the application and insert the USB flash drive in computer and select your target USB flash drive, and then click the Burn button to start burning.
- Step 3: Click OK when burning process is completed, and take the USB flash drive out of computer.
- Step 4: Insert the burned USB flash drive to your locked computer and set the computer to boot from USB.
- Step 5: Select y the specified Windows account you want to recover, and then click Reset button.
- Step 6: Click Yes to continue, and click OK when password has been successfully reset.
When you lost Windows password or administrator password, you can follow the steps above to perform Windows password recovery. And don’t forget to create a password reset disk when you can log on computer again.
As we know, we cannot only create a Windows local password but also a Windows domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008. And if you forget the Windows domain password, you can ask domain administrator to reset your lost domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 when you are not the administrator. But what will you do to reset domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/20008 if you are the domain administrator and its password is lost or forgotten?
To reset domain password in Windows Server 200/2003/2008, the most direct and simple way is to find a reliable Windows password recovery tool. In addition to help you reset Windows administrator password and user password, some Windows password reset software also allows you toreset Windows domain password. Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise is one of these Windows recovery software which can help enterprises to reset domain password. Here are the steps to use a flash drive to reset domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008.
Before starting to reset domain password with this Windows password reset tool, a bootable USB flash drive and an available computer with optical driver are required.
- Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise in any available computer.
- Step 2: Run the Windows Password Unlocker and insert a USB flash drive to computer.
- Step 3: Select Domain Administrator and target USB flash drive, and then click the Burn button to start burning an ISO image file to the USB flash drive.
- Step 4: Click OK when burning process is completed.
- Step 5: Insert the burned USB flash drive to your locked computer and set the computer to boot from USB.
Note: if you don’t know how to set computer to boot from USB, you can get the detailed steps on Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise Userguide.
After your computer restarting with the changed BISO settings automatically, you can see the interface of Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise. Here are 2 options for you to reset domain password in Windows Server 200/2003/2008.
Option 1: Reset the default domain administrator password to Pa123456
- Step 6: Choose to reset the default domain administrator password to Pa123456, and then click Reset.
- Step 7: Click Yes to confirm and continue your operation.
- Step 8: Click OK when your administrator password is successfully reset to Pa123456.
- And now you can enter your Windows domain with the username of administrator and password of Pa123456.
Option 2: Create a specified domain administrator account
- Step 6: Choose to create a specified domain administrator account, and then click Reset.
- Step 7: Click Yes to confirm and continue your operation.
- Step 8: Click OK when a new domain administrator account is created.
- And now you can enter your Windows domain with the username of passkiller and password of Pa123456.
Tip: Please remember to delete the newly created domain account after logging on your domain to help you create the same new specified domain account if you forgot domain password again.
The whole recovery software will cost you a few minutes. Don’t you think it is very easy to reset domain password. And you can not only reset domain password in Windows Server 200/2003/2008, but also recover Windows administrator password and user password on all popular Windows operating systems.
Have you ever troubled with lost Windows password? Have you ever thought about removing your Windows password while worried about computer security? With the development of technology, the first line of defense against unauthorized access to computer is not limited to password consisting of letters, numbers and symbols. It can be also your fingerprint. If you use fingerprint biometric devices to log on to computers, it will free you from lost Windows password.
Biometrics is an increasingly popular technology that provides convenient access to systems, services, and resources. Unlike passwords, biometric devices measure unique biological traits--like fingerprints, voice prints, or retinal images--and compare them to a stored profile. You can use the PC when your biometric data matches the profile of the rightful user. It is said to be safer than password and it is no need for you to worry about lost Windows password. And as the most frequently used biometric characteristics, fingerprint recognition has already appeared in the computer world. A growing number of computers, particularly portable computers, include embedded fingerprint readers, which can be used for identification and authentication of users in Windows.
As the latest Windows version, Windows 7 provides native support for fingerprint biometric devices through Windows Biometric Framework (WBF). This new biometric features provide a consistent way to implement fingerprint biometric–enabled applications and manage fingerprint biometric devices on stand-alone computers or on a network. It makes biometric devices easier for users and for administrators to configure and control on a local computer or in a domain. If you are lucky enough to have a laptop or computer with a biometric sensor, such as a fingerprint reader, you are incredibly easy to set it up and enable as the default logon mechanism on Windows 7.
To log on Windows 7 with fingerprint, all you need to do is to enter User your fingerprint with Windows screen after clicking Start button, Control Panel and Biometric Devices in order. And then you can follow the step-by-step guide to start to set fingerprint logon. First of all, you will need to select which finger you want to setup a profile for. For convenience, it is better not to use your thumb due to its low fingerprint recognition rate. And then On the Swipe your finger dialog, you must swipe your finger three times. Once you have completed the three successful swipes, the fingerprint of your selected finger is accepted by system. From then on, you can easily log on computer with fingerprint. No need to be worried if you lost Windows 7 password.
Please remember to keep your finger clean and dry when you need to swap fingerprint. It can help you improve fingerprint recognition rate. And to avoid being locked of computer due to unintentional finger injuries, it’s better to set 2 or above fingerprint logon accounts. And if the built-in fingerprint software of your computer conflicts with Windows 7, you just need to uninstall it.
If your computer don’t have a biometric fingerprint sensor or don’t intend to set fingerprint logon, you still need to set a Windows 7 password to protect your computer. And creating a Windows 7 password reset disk is highly recommended to help you reset lost Windows password when you lost Windows 7 password. If you forgot to create the disk, you can still bypass the lost Windows 7 password with the help of Windows password recovery software. And Windows Password Unlcoker is one of the best Windows password recovery software which can allows you to reset lost Windows password effectively.
Windows Password Unlocker is a leading provider of password removal tools. Learn more about Windows Password Reset for technical support.
Demi.nemo,Windows Password Unlocker provider, a regular writer on software.
Do you still remember the first time when you lost your Windows 7 administrator password? How did you deal with in order for logging on to PC again? Reset the Windows OS or with the help of some Windows 7 password recovery tools? But it really takes a big risk if you reinstall your computer, while your almost valuable data could hard to survive. So is there any effective and safe way to rescue lost Windows 7 admin password? Undoubtedly, it is.
Below are three methods provided as your reference, checking out the solutions one-by-one and selecting the most suitable method to recover Windows 7 password now.
Method One: Logging in with an available admin account to recover Windows 7 password
Time: 5 minutes or so
Require: another available admin account is a need
As long as you have more than one available admin password, you would keep your Windows 7 password recovery. Follow the next steps on how to recover Win 7 password.
Step 1: Log on to Windows 7, and click Start->Control Panel->Add or remove user accounts.
Step 2: Select the lost admin account.
Step 3: Click Change the password or Remove the password.
Step 4: Click Remove password, then you can recover Win 7 admin password .
So with this method, you can recover Win 7 admin password easily and quickly, especially more appropriate for a novice. However, if there is no another available admin password, it does not work.
Method Two: Tacking use Ophcrack to recover Windows 7 password
Time: more than 2 hours
Require: need a large amount of memory
Ophcrack is highly thought by far the best free Windows password recovery tool, which is widely used to retrieve Windows 7 password. As the large ISO file which is more than 496Mb, you can even get a cup of coffe for downloading, what is more, can you image how hard to burn such large file to a blank CD/DVD? It's evident that this software ought to enlarge unsuccessful rate. However, if you burn the ISO image file to a bootable CD completely, recovering your lost 7 Windows password becomes a piece of cake.
Indeed, the Ophcrack Windows password crack saves your money. On the contrary, it is time-consuming and even could not work well as you a green hand in computer technical. Click here, you will acquire more about this software.
Method Three: Using Windows Password Unlocker to recover Windows 7 password
Time: 5 minutes
Require: need a blank CD/DVDor erasable
Windows Password Unlocker is one kind of Windows 7 password recovery tool which has great function on rescuing Windows 7 administrator password. With its simple operation and high quality, Windows Password Unlocker is more and more popular in individuals, enterprises and government. Here, we offer the step-by-step manipulation for you.
- Step 1: Download Windows Password Recovery and install it.
- Step 2: Burn the ISO image file onto a blank CD/DVD.
- Step 3: Boot up your Windows 7 PC by the bootable burned CD/DVD in minutes.
- Step 4: Remove the forgotten Windows 7 password on the operation interface and logon PC without password.
Have you mastered the operating process of Windows Password Unlocker? Isn’t it an portable solution to recover Win 7 password safely and promptly? If you want to know more about Windows Password Unlocker, visit official website which is the world leading Password Recovery software provider.
This is indeed a fast and efficient way to seek out your answer. However, only trouble is that you may not find the satisfied one from the various answers. In order to meet those users, this article summarized over four Windows 7 password recovery solutions, and some Windows help sites, like http://windows.microsoft.com . When you read this article, I hope you have got the final solution to recover Windows 7 Administrator password.
Solution 1: Reset Windows 7 password with Windows password reset disk
- 1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
- 2. Click Reset password, and then insert Windows password reset disk (or other removable media).
- 3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
- 4. Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
Reference: How to create Windows 7 password reset disk?
- The Windows password reset disk cannot be used to reset the password on another computer. The password reset disk cannot be used to reset the password on another computer.
- The Windows password reset disk contains sensitive information. Other users may be able to use the password reset disk to gain access to your computer. For this reason, store this disk in a safe and secure location
Solution 2: Reset Windows 7 password with another admin account
- 1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.
- 2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button , typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- 3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
- 4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
- 5. Type and confirm the new password.
Solution 3: Reset Windows 7 password from the command prompt
In the command prompt you can monitor all the user of the computer by typing some commands.
- Press Win Key+R and type “cmd” in the Run command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
- Type “net user” in the command prompt and hit “Enter“. This will show all the users of the computer.
Now suppose that you want to change the password of the user “xyz“.
So type the following command and hit enter.
net user <username> *
For instance in this example the user name is xyz. So the command should be
net user xyz *
Now in the command prompt you will be prompted to enter a password for the user. Note that the ****** format is not available here. Put your password and hit “Enter“. You have to retype the password again for confirmation
Voila! You have changed the password of the user without knowing the older password of the user. It is a simple hack to change the password of any user easily from the command prompt in Windows XP.
But the drawback of this technique is that you can’t reset Windows password of the users if you do not have the Administrator privilege. So it is quite hard to change the password of the users without logging in as the administrator.
Solution 4: Reset Windows 7 password with Windows password reset CD
If you have neither another administrator nor Windows password reset disk, you’d better DIY a Windows password reset CD to reset Windows 7 password without reinstalling. Just following steps, even a novice is able to handle this Windows password recovery software with ease.
1. Download Windows Password Unlocker from Password Unlocker Official site
2. Decompress the Windows password unlocker and note that there is an .ISO image file. Burn the image file onto a blank CD with the burner freely supported by Password Unlocker.
3. Insert the Windows password reset CD into the locked computer and re-boots it from the CD drive.
4. After launched the CD, a window pop up with all your account names (if you have several accounts); select one of the accounts that you have forgotten its password to reset it. Just one press, you have reset Windows password.
Well, the four solutions are the popular Windows 7 password recovery ways.
In addition, there are some good help sites which also provide detailed solutions to reset Windows 7 password for those who forgot Windows Administrator password.
Like http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm and http://windows.microsoft.com